Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A new start

So.... why did I decide to start a blog? Well... a lot of reasons.... the first being that I love to read other mom's blogs, and every time I opened my browser (mozilla for me) I had like 5 different blogs that popped up in different tabs, and it took longer than normal to load, and was beginning to annoy my husband... So, I decided to get a 'blogger' account so I could track all the blogs I enjoy to read, and by golly you automatically get a blog when you do that. But I didn't have to update it, really... but I decided it might be a good thing. An outlet, a place for me, and a place for family that lives far away to keep updated on our lives, I guess. So what can you expect to read here? All kinds of things probably... my favorite recipes, what we did on any given day, new pictures of Chloe, and.... who knows what else! It's a mystery... I guess we'll see!

For today I'll leave you with one of my favorite verses, Philippians 4:6-7 in the message bible....

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

My favorite part, which most of you know if you've been to my house in the last few months, is "Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers". It's written HUGE in dry erase marker on my living room wall! And no, dry erase marker doesn't wipe off the living room walls. My bad. I really thought it would. And there’s a little household tip- I use dry erase markers do write on EVERYTHING because it comes off so many things, my grocery list is written on the fridge, Reminders on the bathroom mirrors/counters/bathtub walls, and all other sorts of things.... Well, more tomorrow... or later today... I don't know how often I'll update this thing, I guess we'll see!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite verse of scripture, too! God gave me that scripture many times in the past year and worked mighty miracles in my life -- assuring me with those blessed words.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete