Monday, November 17, 2008

My dad in a nutshell

This weekend we were at mom and dad's, and dad was having a half joking conversation with one of my sister's about their recent choices in friends of the opposite sex that they were getting rather close to.

He said to her, "you better not be settling! you know what happens when you settle?? this! (points back with both hands to himself)"
I, always loving a joke and picking on people, followed up with, "yeah, and THIS (pointing to dad) doesn't communicate all that great! And, won't bring home roses for no reason!!"
Dad interrupts the end of my sentence, interjecting with, "wait, wait now... I will buy your mom A MILLION roses.... as long as we can plant them in the yard and sell them for at least twice what I paid for them."

Those of you who know my dad are cracking up right now, cuz you know that's my dad in a nutshell right there.

Good times with the family :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You are right! I am cracking up; the "roses-I'll buy your mom a million as long as we can plant them and sell them for twice as much"!!!! I can hear him saying that right now! :)
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tonia... That is so ED... Walt

    ReplyDelete