Thursday, January 29, 2009
1. Hung up all shirts, pants, etc. right out of the washer, on the shower curtain rod, and rather than drying 4 loads of laundy, am only drying 1 load. I threw all the socks and little stuff in the dryer, and when this next load is done, i'll start it drying! So maybe that'll save a few bucks...
2. Wrote 'twirly light bulbs' on the grocery list. We're going to town tomorrow, and when we get home we are IMMEDIATLY going to replace all those that we haven't allready. When I looked at the money savings on daddymorebucks.com and realized taht we could save something like 30 bucks a month if we replaced all our regular bulbs with twirly bulbs, I decided that this whole 'replacing one as it goes out' thing isn't cutting it. It is well worth the money just to buy the swirly bulbs now and replace them NOW.
3. Cleaned out the deep freeze! I realized that there wasn'ta lot in it, a turkey, 4 chickens, and a couple boxes of those ice pops that don't have to be frozen... you know the kind in the plastic that you normally buy thawed and stick them in the freeze when you get home...well anyhow i cleaned out the fridge and freezer inside, reorganized, and fit everything inside! I was gonna cook 2 of those chickens in the next few days anyways, so they can thaw now, and voila! Unplugged the deep freeze until further notice, probably for a month or so at least!
4. Washed all the laundry on cold except for the sheets! There are some things that aren't that dirty, and i am a compulsive 'wash everything on hot as heckaholic' but you know what? Lots of people wash their laundry in cold water, and by golly, i could do some of mine in cold water too!
5. There was somethiing else.... Oh yeah! I put a candle going in the bathroom, which solved a couple problems... 1 being that i turn the light on every time i go in there, and the other... it makes it smell WONDERFUL and also TAKES OFF THE CHILL! I never knew a big old candle could produce a noticeable amount of heat! But we have no direct heat source in there so this helps!!
6. Unplugged the toaster oven... A friend reminded me this morning that even though it's off, it could still suck some energy... I debated doing the same with the micro, but i like having a clock there but... we'll see. maybe i'll unplug that too.
Any other ideas on things to do to save? Let me know please!!! :) I'm desperate! And NO i will not open all the curtains to let light in because that is helping keep the heat in...So the living room gets sheers and our room gets these heavy dark drapes that i am not opening for fear of losing more precious heat!!!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Me: Chloe! Hold on darling! Okay, whats up?
C: Here! (Hands me toy french fries)
M: Oh thank you sweet heart! Are you ready to go see grandpa for the weekend?
C: Papa! Papa!!! papa!!!!
M: Okay, what do you want to bring? Elmo? Baby?
M: Okay, go get him!!
And she runs off to get him... that kid is so stinkin smart!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
"there is a mouse.
THERE IS A MOUSE.
THERE IS A MOUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it steals hershey kisses off my nightstand. well jer's nightstand. then my nightstand, cuz we kinda switched sides of the bed, well switched back, but we left our stuff, which is really each others stuff, there. we can't decide.
it wakes me up, and i hear it, and i turn on the light and try to catch it, but i am obviously 7 months pregnant and can't get a freaking mouse.
it left a kiss there the other day, it had opened it and ate halfway through it. there were little claw marks, and it reminded me of something. i can't remember what now.
we dont' know what the kid is yet. we just know that it likes to kick at the most unoppurtune times, and it gets hungry at the weirdest times. its a kicker, all right, and no gary it is not a soccer player, we don't do that around here. unless its a girl. but it kicks like a boy. little sucker.
i can't wait for it to come out.
pam, the lady who owns the tanning salon in tustin, right? she has me all freaked out. she said its coming way earlier than the doctors say.
i have 3 due dates at this point, june 29, july 7, and july 18th.
take your pick, kiddo.
aunt nese and krystin are making a baby shower. it will be fun. if you want to come, let me or them know.
i miss my daddy.
i am slightly overwhelmed. this is my first day as 'branch manager' for the one company and 'office manager' for the other. what a joke. i feel so underqualified and overwhelmed. its not so bad though, really. i just have a todo list a mile long, and am slightly stressed due to a 6-oclock in houghton lake that im not sure what do to about.
it will all work out in the end...
so life... lately=lonely. i hope some of my friends are coming home for the summer. i miss em... and alyssa.... and jess.... and owen... they are fun people. jess is having a baby too. she's nuts.... i wouldn't have done this by choice, i don't think, but i am getting used to the whole thing.
i miss other people too, but they won't be here this summer, cuz they can't be, or they live to far away....
slowly but surely, taking one day at a time, and everything as it's thrown in my face..."
what that blog doesn't say, is that the next night, i set a trap on my nightstand before i went to bed. i woke up in the middle of the night, 7 months pregnant mind you, with my hubby working 3rd shift, to hear a scratching noise... the mouse, with only its arm caught, and falled off the back of the nightstand, with the trap caught between the nightstand and the wall, and he was dangling by his arm, kicking and scratching. SO SO SO GROSS!!! i proceeded to.... 7 months pregnant, mind you.... haul the nightstand away, at which point he ran around dragging the trap, find a box to trap him in, and scoop him into the box and set it on the porch. he was still alive when jer got home. i didn't know how to kill a mouse! SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
okay... how crazy is that? look at my life now! how life has changed miraculously!!! i was so depressed and huge and infested with mice... ugh! now my house is spotless!!!! at least for today.... :) and i am... much less depressed!!!! thanks for reading an old blog!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Okay, seriously, easiest to use, best resizer ever.... this totally integrates itself into windows, so if you want to resize a picture quick and easy, you simply right click, click 'resize pictures' and click a preset resize or go to advanced settings to do your own, click okay, and thats it! it is AMAZING!!!!!!
click here to download it straight from microsoft, scroll down and on the right under 'doanloads' it will say 'image resizer' and it is... uh-maze-ing and the easiest thing to use!!! and it automatically saves a COPY rather than rewrinting, in the same folder! awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it also works for batch resizing!
To see more awesome WFMW tips, click here to visit rocks in my dryer's page on the wednesday tradition.
Hope this helps someone!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
do they think we put our socks back in there after we wear them?
have they never heard of dressers?
is it a freezer bag, that we're supposed to reuse??
jeremy needed new socks. poor guys been wearing mine for too long. and then i run out and i'm not impressed. so he buys a package, i noticed it on the counter this morning.... i wonder if he noticed the nifty worthless little ziplock bag they came in. weird.....
Monday, January 5, 2009
Playing texas hold'em at Buffalo Wild Wings
This is a Chloe who doesn't want to share, and wants to take away everyone else's toys!
Daddy and his big brother(r) and little brother(L)
Chloe and Cousin!
Mommy almost ruining the christmas for the kiddos, right after she pulled chris's beard down and said, "look chloe, its okay, its just chris!" mommy never even believed in a santa when she was little, she was too logical, and forgets sometimes that other kiddos do! :( oopsie!
Pound it! Chloe and Grampa!
Touchdown! I love watching the bears game at Grandpa's!
Elmo waking up Chloe
wow mommy! you really got me a life size elmo to wake me up from my nap?!?!?!
Chloe and Grampa
Chloe and Grandpa- mommy, i thought we came to visit the other grandparents! i can see these ones anytime!!!
ugh- a terrible picture of mommy and daddy- this is why i do curves!
Chloe and uncle jordan
It was much, much, much better than last year. Much. It was very enjoyable and our car problems were minimal.