Tuesday, February 3, 2009

do dreams mean anything?

I have never thought much about it, but when you think about it, the lord showed jacob his future through dreams, and an angel appeared in a dream, and so many things dealt with dreams, and they were true, so maybe mine mean something too!

I had a weird dream last night that i remembered, as opposed to all the weird dreams i forget, and decided to look into it. do i think dreams mean something? maybe. who knows? this site i was looking at was very informational and not at all what i was expecting... http://www.dreammoods.com/

which got me thinking about dreams i had when i was younger... after we moved to illinois i had a 'recurring dream' for a long time, not sure if it was several months or exactly how long, but i had it often enough to vividly remember it. the dream was that through our new subdivision, i could take this path that went straight to this path near our old house, and another weird path to a bad neighborhood i had never been to. could this have been a way to see that i needed to follow the right path? i disregarded the dreams as being weird just sleeping random things because i thought that 'dream interpreting was just for psychists (psychos?) and cults and crazy people!' but maybe the lord was trying to show me that sometimes i was going down the wrong path, and maybe i needed to cut off that old path and grow where i was now planted! which i eventually did but it took a lot of F's in school and other unlike-me behavoirs, hanging out with the 'wrong crowd', etc.

hmmm.... something to ponder i guess? have any of you had crazy dreams that you think might have meant something, or do you thing dreams are nothing, just random thougts flying across your head? thats what i have always thought, but maybe not..... :)

2 comments:

  1. I may dream but I never remember them.
    -sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first "true love" was killed in a motorcycle accident 9 years ago, when we were 17. I didn't even get to say goodbye and i felt like dying myself. I remember having a terrible terrible week shortly afterwards where i prayed and cried daily for God to give me one more chance just to say goodbye. Silly sounding, yes, but I was desperate. I ended up having one dream about him where he "came back" and he looked all happy, was dressed in a nice suit, and he was all smiles. He told me how happy he was, and that I shouldn't worry about him, then he hugged me goodbye. It was such a real, real vivid dream and when I awoke, the cloud of heavy danger and depression had snapped. It was as if God had provided a way for my soul to say Goodbye. I've only had a handful of dreams about him since, but none have been as "real" and vivid as that one "saying goodbye" dream.

    I'll never know for a fact "this side of eternity" whether there is anything to dreams or not, but my experience after he died was very vivid and real, and I'll always believe that there was something supernatural about it.

    ReplyDelete